JFAC Executive Committee member Kristen Hackett speaks with Bronxnet about The Blueprint and what it means for public housing, and what the alternatives are – in an interview following the State Housing Committee hearing on December 8, 2020.
Questions addressed in 12 min interview include:
- Who is the Justice For All Coalition and what is your mission?
- What exactly is NYCHA’s Blueprint for Change?
- Why are tenants and JFAC advocating to #halttheblueprint?
- The State Assembly Housing Committee recently held a hearing to discuss this blueprint. Some NYCHA residents were able to attend. What happened at this hearing? We’re there any resolutions and/or issues?
- Why is it important to keep NYCHA public housing public?
- What are some of the solutions/alternatives JFAC proposes/ What are CLT’s and RMC’s and how can they help residents moving forward?
- How can people stay in contact with JFAC, get resources and info on the Blueprint for Change plan, and more? (Please provide phone #’s, emails, websites, social media handles for our viewers if possible)